Eggplant is one of our favorite vegetables! It can be used in so many different ways. We have one of the easiest recipes for you to add a little more eggplant into your life.
– 3 or 4 long eggplants cut into 4 strips each.
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon vinegar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 red chili pepper, chopped
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Cut the eggplant into strips. Place them on a heatproof plate for steaming.
2. Using a wok or large covered pot, steam the eggplant for 10 minutes or until soft. Transfer the eggplant to a serving plate.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or fry pan.
4. Stir in the hot chili pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, garlic, and vinegar. Bring it all to a simmer.
5. Pour the sauce over the eggplant. Feel free to garnish it with scallion!
Eat Up! Eggplant Is Great For You
The health benefits of eggplants are plentiful! They are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, thiamine, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium, and manganese.